Steve Kinkel, the CEO of United Metal Products, recently gave a presentation to the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) highlighting six reasons why evaporative cooling is the green solution for “big box” cooling. Below is a slightly modified summary of the environmental benefits that Kinkel mentioned:
- Evaporative cooling is nature’s own method of cooling.
- Evaporative cooling systems such as the Fan-Air use up to 75% less power than standard air conditioning.
- The hydro-footprint of evaporative systems is significantly smaller when all water usage is taken into consideration.
- The light weight of the evaporative systems conserves building material.
- The direct evaporative cooling and indirect-direct evaporative cooling systems of United Metal Products use recyclable material and are chloroflourocarbon (CFC) free.
- Systems such as the Fan-Air and Cel-Air are true 100% OSA systems that exceed all the environmental standards of Title 24.